Learn and play with your child, meet people and get advice from early childhood professionals. Current Early ON programming includes:
Play and Learn by Early On - Children birth to age 6 with their parent/caregiver: A safe play environment which allows children to explore & create with new materials, play alongside other children & learn to express their thoughts and feelings through social interactions.
- Wednesday 9:30-11:30am (Excluding March 27th)
Baby Time by Early On - Infants birth to 12mos of age: A time for parents/caregivers to find support & encouragement from their peers and EarlyON Facilitators in a safe and welcoming environment. This program will feature an engaging circle, giving infant and adult the time to delight together and find creative ways to use songs and puppets alongside developmental milestones!
- Thursday 12:30-2:30pm
Jungle Edition! - Monday, March 11th 9:15 or 12:45pm & Tuesday, March 12 1:00to 4:30pm | Join us in the jungle! Last year, Natalie vanished without a trace. Today, you suddenly had a strange dream about her and a mysterious monkey statue, a status which may hold a secret to Natalie's disappearance!
Please call 519-595-8395 to claim your team's spot!
How it works:
- Read as many books as possible from the list of nominated titles
- Pick your favourite from the list
- Cast your vote online or at the library (April 29th, 2024 is the last day to vote)
Vote Here! (Starting in April)
- Blue Spruce Award Voting Form
- Silver Birch Express Award Voting Form
- Silver Birch Fiction Award Voting Form
- Yellow Cedar Award Voting Form
- Red Maple Award Voting Form
Stop in each Thursday night to try your hand a new LEGO challenge! If you wish, bring your creations to the front desk for a photo and we will post them on social media. Please note, there will be no staff supervision.
- Every Thursday 4:00 - 7:30pm
Coming back to Perth East Spring of 2024!
A StoryWalk® is a fun and educational activity that places a children's story (literally a book taken apart) along a walking route in the community. This lets you read a story with your family while you walk! Our StoryWalk® features local authors, Mike Masse resides in Stratford and Jen Courtney, a Listowel resident.
We asked you to write your own holiday cookie recipe and draw your cookies, these are your submissions!
Click here to view our cookie recipe and spooky story submissions!
Wednesday, March 13th 1pm | Obey Newton: It’s the Law! Ages 4-12 - Sir Isaac Newton was one smart dude! Explore Newton’s Laws of Motion as you investigate how things either move or stay put, and how every action produces a reaction. Race a waterdrop to the finish line and discover the effects of gravity on your very own tumble bunny!
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
1000 Books Before Kindergarten is a fun, exciting and easy way to start your child on the path to success! Read a book - any book- to your child. The goal is to read 1,000 books before your child starts kindergarten. It's easier than you think. Read 1 book a night and you'll meet your goal in 3 years. Read 3 books a night, you could reach your goal in just one year.
How 1000 Books works:
- Get set for reading. Pick up a tracking poster and program materials at the Library or print them from our website.
- Track your reading. Colour in/cross out a stack of books on the tracking poster for each book you read to your child.
- Every book counts. Even if your child wants to hear the same book again and again, you can count it each time. The books your child hears in storytime, daycare, preschool or with family or friends all count as long as your child listens to the entire book.
- Keep on reading. Don't stop at 1000! Keep reading together, there's more learning ahead.
- Share your journey. We invite you to share your 1000 Books Before Kindergarten journey on social media. Tag us @pepllibrary and use the hashtag #1000BooksB4K.