Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA)
The Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) makes it possible and easy for all public libraries in Canada to provide reading materials in accessible formats to patrons with print disabilities. CELA also provides training and support to help libraries deliver their accessible services effectively.
What is a print disability?
A print disability is any condition that makes it difficult or impossible to read standard print.
- Visual disabilities such as blindness or partial sight
- Physical disabilities which make it difficult or impossible for someone to hold a book or turn pages
- Learning disabilities and challenges relating to comprehension of print
We can help you:
- Find books and magazines in audio, e-text and braille
- Read daily newspapers
- Enjoy classic movies, with the action described
- Help your kids discover a love of reading
If interested, please contact the library to discuss your options with CELA.