The library's online catalogue (BiblioCommons) allows you to search materials from all the libraries in Perth County, easily track holds, make requests, renew items, and track items you have checked out. It also allows you to review items, add comments and create lists to share with others.
Go to pepl.bibliocommons.com
Log in using your Perth East Public Library card number and PIN. Your PIN is the last 4 digits of your phone number.
Once you have registered, you can use your new username to log in, or you can continue using your Library card number to log in.
The first time you log in to the catalogue, you will be asked to create a username. This username will allow you to use the interactive features of the catalogue such as making lists, contributing reviews, comments and star ratings.
Selecting a Username
- Usernames may be public, so you may not want to use your full name
- Use 24 characters or less
- Use any combination of letters, numbers and underscores (e.g., goodreader2017, meldewey_1903)
- Do not use spaces, symbols (e.g., @) or other non-alphanumeric characters
Borrowing Material Not Available at PCIN Libraries
If you are interested in a book that is not owned by a PCIN Library, you may request an InterLibrary Loan. After you have confirmed the title is not available in BiblioCommons you can ask a librarian to complete a request slip or complete an online request.
To learn more or place an InterLibrary loan request check out our ILL page.
You can change your username at any time. To do so log in to your account and click on 'My Settings' on the top right of the screen. You will see the 'Username' text box where changes can be made.
Your pin is set as the last 4 digits of your phone number. You can change this if you like.
A birth date is only required to identify anyone 12 years old or under as different privacy rules apply to our youngest customers. Your birth date will by kept private.
Providing an email address is optional. You may wish to provide your email address in case you forget your PIN or password and need to reset it. Contact the Library to use your email for preoverdue notices and to contact you when an item placed on hold is available for pick-up.
If you choose to contribute to comments, share lists or other content, your username will be public on the Internet. If you only use your account to place holds and check your account, your username will not be seen by others.
You can choose to share content you add to BiblioCommons publicly or to keep contributions private. When creating content, simply click the box “make this private” to keep content private. Manage your privacy settings once you have created your username. Click on "Privacy" under My Settings to make your shelves private.
Following these instructions will allow you to place an icon for BiblioCommons onto your mobile device. This will allow for quick access, like an app!
- Go to pepl.bibliocommons.com
- Tap the menu button, it will be to the right of the address bar and look like three dots in a line.
- Choose 'Add to homescreen'
- The icon will name itself, but you can enter your own name for it if you would like
- Go to pepl.bibliocommons.com
- To the side of the address bar there will be a square with an arrow pointing out the top - press it!
- A menu will appear, choose the 'Add to Home Screen' option (rounded square with plus sign in middle).
- You will be prompted to name the new icon.
In both cases, tapping your new 'app' when it appears on your home screen will cause a new web browser tab to open and load the pepl.bibliocommons.com website. These instructions will work for most any website you choose to add to your home screen.
See BiblioCommons Help: Registration and Login for more frequently asked questions or ask at the library.