Perth East Public Library is seeking applications for a Library Assistant. This is a permanent part-time position with varying hours, including days, evenings and weekends.
This challenging opportunity will appeal to a motivated, co-operative individual who is committed to working in a dynamic atmosphere. The position reports to the Library CEO. You will be responsible for providing a variety of Library services to patrons.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent is preferred.
- Library experience would be considered an asset.
- Experience planning programs for all ages.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Familiar with e-Library services.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to lift bins of library materials.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and community organizations in a team setting.
- Completion of a satisfactory vulnerable sector criminal records check.
- Able and willing to learn, and have a positive attitude.
Hours of Work: 14 - 20 hours per week, or as scheduled (dependent on Library COVID Operating Hours).
Application: Please apply online at https://careers.pertheast.ca All documents must be uploaded in a PDF format.
Submission Deadline: Monday, June 21, 2021 at 4:30pm
Full Job Posting: Library Assistant