Open Library Board Position
There is one vacant position on the Perth East Public Library Board. Applications are being accepted until 4:30 p.m. on October 29, 2021. To apply please complete this application form: Perth East Public Library Board Application Form.
For more information please visit the Township of Perth East's Committees, Boards and Other Public Appointments web page.
Or Email Kendra Roth with any questions
Along with the governance, legal and fiscal roles, Library Board Members are expected to support and participate in community engagement by:
- Establishing the library as an essential community service
- Building community pride in the library
- Advocating the library’s role in the community
- Maintaining an open dialogue with the community
- Building strong relationships with the municipal council
- Being aware of the municipal planning context and
- Developing strategic partnerships with community groups and leaders.
The Library Board holds monthly meetings on the second Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. unless otherwise scheduled. Due to COVID-19 the Board has been meeting virtually via Zoom.
On occasion, Board members are also required to participate in public participation meetings designed to seek public input on key library matters.
Board members are expected to represent the library on external/bodies and committees such as the Perth County Information Network, Southern Ontario Library Service, etc. Time commitments vary according to the committee.